You will need:
- 2,5 cups of white mushrooms, dirt brushed away and cut in four
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup chickweed vinegar*
- 2 tablepoons fresh (wild) oregano, chopped
- a sprig of rosemary
- 3 cloves of garlic (you can use wild garlic, known as ramsons, but 'regular garlic' works just as well)
- a pinch of sea salt and black pepper
Take a glass jar and first put in the herbs, spices and sea salt, then the mushrooms.
Cover with the vinegar and oil, put the lid on and let marinate for at least an hour (or overnight), shaking the jar occasionally.
Serve as an appetizer or side dish. Decorate with wild edible flowers for an extra touch (I used ivy-leaved toadflax).
The mushrooms will absorb most of the fluid, but if there's any left over, it can be used as a salad dress.
For the chickweed vinegar: pick some fresh chickweed, chop it and fill a glass jar (with non-metal lid) with it. Cover with apple cider vinegar. Close the jar, let steep for 3 weeks and strain. Vinegar does a great job getting all the minerals out of wild superfoods. Feel free to experiment and use other wild edibles as well.